Creatures Community Chat

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Island: Coconut coding

Oh boy, when I screw up code, I do a good job.

Been doing quite a bit of work on the Creatures 4 (AKA The Island) project and thought I'd share some of my...uh...more enjoyable moments.

I've been spending some time today trying to allow the player to pick up objects with the right mouse button, rather than the left (which is terribly difficult believe me. Really shouldn't be, but it is) and somehow managed to write code that not only allowed me to pick up said object but...well, see for yourself:



Bit of a coconutty squiggly mess. But don't worry, you can drop them:



Yes, you now have psychic powers enabling you to pick up ALL moveable objects at once. Should totally make that a cheat...

No comments:

Post a Comment