Creatures Community Chat

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Observation: The annoyance of love

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm thoroughly fed up with my Norns tell me how much they love me. Me personally, not each other.

At first it was cute, really, but it's got to the point where it's hard to shut them up. Which annoyingly scares the bejesus out of the Treehuggers.

As soon as one starts they ALL get in on the act which puts them all in an horrible loop where one Norns say "X love Hand" then five others say it. Which in turn makes the other five feel the need to repeat it, which in turn...you get the picture.

They're VERY difficult to stop. I've had them go on for a good solid ten minutes or more. It's like being in a room full of parrots. I've needed to physically separate them several times as they either get far too annoying, or the Treehuggers go crazy and wont listen to anything else. They just run around terrified of all the talking.

This has only become a problem since I upgraded to the CFE breeds. They're meant to be vastly more expressive in terms of relationships, but because you give them a lot of love as infants they adore you and go crazy at the mere sight of a floating hand.

So. I will be trying to get my hands on the agent that turns the Hand invisible to see if that makes any difference. I've experimented with the COAS code that does it and it seems to make a big difference. If they can't see you they don't seem to want to express their undying love.

Fingers crossed this works or I'll be playing with the sound turned off! Gaahhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment