Creatures Community Chat

Monday, November 14, 2011

Creatures 1: Gen2 problems

Been a little tied down with work the last couple of days, but I've finally got on top of things enough to start raising the Gen2 Norns up to adulthood and get moving with the third.
Unfortunately before I could even start I've hit a bit of a snag. Hopefully it will work itself out, but I wanted to share it with you just in case something bad happens.

I'm missing a couple of Norns. Specifically: Bonza, Jupitor and Myles. For the life of me I can't find them. Even doing a search of the C: drive doesn't bring them up. I was getting ready to re-hatch them via the Genetics Kit and raise them again when I found them...I think???

This image will probably help explain things.

As you can see, Bonza, Jupitor and Myles are missing from my Creatures folder. (Beatrice and Tracey are also missing, but I was always going to need to use the Genetics Kit to resurrect them). Amazingly though, you can see Bonza in the import section on the left. Jupitor and Myles are also hidden in there. Nowhere else on my computer can I find these files except through the Creatures interface.

My plan is to import them again, then hopefully export them to another location so I can make backup copies of them in case anything goes wrong. Honestly though, I don't know what this problem is so I can't promise they're going to make it. I'm about to go and test my theory right now, so here's hoping...

EDIT:
Well thankfully the problem has been solved. Importing then exporting the Norns allowed me to get around the missing files. Although I did need to save them to the desktop, as saving them into the Creatures directory still wouldn't show them correctly. Point is I've now got backups of all the Norns for this generation. Next post I'll announce who will be participating in this generations 'breed off' and allowing people to download any of the Norns who didn't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment