Creatures Community Chat

Friday, November 1, 2013

Gene Manipulation: Rascii

I'd like you all to meet Rascii. She's the latest version of my Perfecio Norn breed. Officially we're up to version 5, but I couldn't tell you just how many Norns I've hatched with subtle tweaks to get to this point.

But the good news is, 'this point' appears to be a very solid Norn breed.

Among other things I think I've balanced the hungerIncrease and digestions genes. These Norns seem to sleep much better than others and I've fixed the immune system genes so that most Norns should be able to happily recover from most illnesses. In theory if a Norn had enough negative toxins in their bodies they could still be unable to recover, but I think in practice they should be fine now.

I want to spend a few more days running some tests before I officially release the first Beta, but I think for the most part I'm done. Everything seems to be working the way I'd like.

The ultimate test will be attempting a wolfing run with a few of these guys and seeing if they survive reasonably well. If I can run the game overnight and return to a world that still has Norns in it I'll consider my job well done.

I also intend to release this breed with the appearance genes of all the original breeds. If I can figure out how I'll even try replacing the Hatchery eggs with these guys.

I'd still like to keep improving this breed if I can. One thing I'd like to do is add a bunch of genes similar to what was added in C2, specifically additional organs. I must admit right now I don't even know where to start with something like this, but it's a pipe dream.

So, what additional features do you guys think should be part of the 'perfect' Norn breed? I might even add some ideas. Or maybe use them to create an entirely new breed. Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Howdy!

    I can help you with the hatchery replacements. Just like with my C1 Updated Hatchery norns, all you have to do is replace the mum and dad files in the Genetics folder with the updated genetics. With your permission I can go ahead and update the hatchery genomes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kezune. Sorry for never getting back to you. I somewhat abandoned this blog a little over a year ago and haven't been doing anything Creatures related for a while.

      Odds are, given the time frames you may never receive this message, but if you do please go ahead.
      All my Creatures Community work comes with the disclaimer "If I ever fall off the face of the earth go ahead and do whatever you want with my stuff". So please, go ahead.

      Delete