Creatures Community Chat

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I'm a Good Old Games affiliate!

Okay first off, I swear I'm still planning on doing some sort of CAOS tutorial series, but work has been ridiculous lately and I just haven't had the time to invest (12 hour days for several weeks takes its toll).
I've also had a non-creatures related project on the go which should come to fruition soon. More on that later.

But, on to the point of this post. I've recently become a Good Old Games affiliate!

What does that mean? Well for all of you guys, probably not that much. Basically it means I've signed up with GoG to help advertise their games and I'll get a small payout from every sale I help them make.

Some of you may remember I signed up with Google Adsense recently, and well...it wasn't really to my liking. Credit where it's due, the ads I was able to display were a lot more relevant than I thought they'd be. That said there were still a number that were so completely irrelevant to the readers here it just felt like selling out. That and the fact I've had a whole $0.08 out of the process...really not worth selling out for.

So instead I've signed up with GoG, which means I can advertise the Creatures games! I assume that will be much more to everyone's liking.

No doubt you'll have noticed the links off to the side ---->>>

Clicking any of those will take you to the GoG website where you can purchase the Creatures games. Considering the age of these games it's very hard to find working versions for modern operating systems. The GoG versions are by far the most stable I've found. That's not to say there aren't still a few issues, but I'm pretty sure they can all be worked around. If you decide to buy the latest versions and have any problems let me know and I'll help try and find work arounds for you. If there's a big enough need for it I'll create an extra page with a breakdown on how to get all the games working properly.

It's also worth mentioning that GoG doesn't have any DRM. For those of you not up with the hip gaming lingo, that simply means when you download the game it's yours. You can install it on any computer you want, as many times as you want. You don't need to worry about having an online connection to play the game or any of that nonsense (really annoyed playing FarCry4 right now for that very reason). It's one of the main reasons I've got no objections to advertising for GoG. They get this stuff.

As for any changes on the blog, I may periodically let you guys know when GoG is having a sale (particularly if it's the Creatures games that are on sale) but other than that you shouldn't see any significant changes around here.

So with that now out of the way, I'll try my darndest to get back to putting those CAOS tutorials together. I'm really itching to make a start. Just need to bowl over a couple of other things first.

5 comments:

  1. You're lucky, Arch! I've tried to sign up for the GOG affiliate program a few times, but never received a response. Maybe it's about time to try again? Ha! Hopefully that will work out better for you than AdSense. I dislike it, too, but I'm just waiting to hit the threshold so I can look into getting rid of it.

    Good luck getting the CAOS tutorials together, too! I'm learning about the C1 CAOS at the moment.... There's a long ways to go, and I'm sure whatever you post will be really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard they're not exactly easy to get on to, and at first I didn't have any luck. But I followed up a week later with another email and got a response. I'd keep sending them an email each week and I think you'll eventually get through.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Arch! I'm in the process of finalizing the agreement, at long last. Going to replace AdSense with this affiliate program, too. I felt like I sold out, too, even though I had some business reasons for testing out AdSense. I feel like it will be much nicer to purely advertise Good Old Games, especially the Creatures games! Hopefully we'll both have some success with the program!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! They look great, and much better than most adsense ads do. Did you contact them through their contact form to become an affiliate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even find where to apply to be an affiliate? Do they list that info somewhere?

    ReplyDelete