Creatures Community Chat

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Creatures 1 Gen2: Update

I think I spoke a little too soon in my last post. Things have got hectic again, but at least it's mostly in a good way. I did have a bit of a sickness epidemic for a while there, with about half the Norns contracting it. Fortunately the illness itself turned out to be pretty tame and they all healed up pretty quickly, it was just a matter of making sure the virus didn't spread. That was the hard part!

The first thing to mention is that I've exported Enza and imported Beatrice to give her a chance to become a mother. Well she took up the challenge and produced her first egg with Trillo.
Bonza disappeared off my radar for a little while as he seemed to be taking pretty good care of himself and didn't need my attention for a bit. When I finally did get back to him he wasn't in quite as good shape. He and Minimee had taken to the hootch and had been having a jolly boys night out. Despite being surrounded by bananas neither of them took much interest in the food and stuck to the grog. Eventually I decided the two were becoming a bad influence on each other and separated them.

Much to my delight Bonza ended up in the music room and rekindled his passion for music. He hasn't really got into the instruments in a world full of Norns, but on the plus side his anger mutation doesn't seem to have done him any harm. Not once have I stumbled upon him in an upset state, so his mutation doesn't seem to be as detrimental to him as I thought it might. It will be interesting to see if his children inherit this gene.

I was rather amused to see Techie return to the Island area and take up his saxophone again. Apparently his days as the Strawberry Guardian aren't over yet.
This wasn't the only thing Techie was up to though. It's hard to tell from this picture, but Mayflur is once again pregnant and the culprit is Techie. It would seem strawberries are the way to woo the woman around here.



After my initial flu epidemic, Stephanie caught another cold, although this one was a great deal more lethal. I believe it was an Antigen7 infection. Antibody7 seems to take quite a while to build up in a Norns system, so Stephanie wasn't doing too well.
She has survived and made a full recovery thankfully, but her deterioration made me think it was time to give all the Norns a bit of a break. I've exported them all and intend to build each of them up again before going for another run.

Again I really need to emphasize just how fantastic this second generation is. The Norns are now sitting around 4-5 hours old and this is the first time I've needed to give myself a break to take care of them individually. Totem and Techie in particular hardly need any extra care and usually take care of themselves. With a bit of luck the Generation3 Norns will inherit a good chunk of these genes and traits and in a generation or two more I should be able to run a proper Wolfing run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment